William Donahue, Jr., Esq., APM
Click here to email
Click for Full Website
Transitions Mediation Center
900 Haddon Ave.
Description of Practice
I specialize in high conflict cases and child-related issues and I'm one of the most experienced mediators in South Jersey. I started in the 1990s - when mediation was little known in this area. My experience as a divorce attorney - and as parent with young children - told me then that mediation was truly the only way for a couple to divorce rationally, with dignity, and in a way that protected their children, above all. I also offer a half-hour consultation where I teach you the basics about divorce mediation. I teach new mediators how to mediate, and I hail from a family of teachers, so it comes naturally.
William Donahue, an experienced private mediator, has served on the board of the New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators (NJAPM) and also works as an NJAPM mediation trainer. He is a practicing lawyer admitted to the NJ and PA bars. He maintains a private litigation practice in Collingswood, New Jersey, which handles divorces as well as other general legal matters. Donahue is the author of "Reconcilable Differences, A Consumers Guide To Divorce Mediation," available at Amazon.com.
William H. Donahue, Jr., Esq., APM, founded Transitions Mediation Center in 1995, to create an alternative to the costly, time-consuming and emotionally draining traditional litigated divorce experience. He has mediated over 1,000 divorces since that time.
* University of Pennsylvania, Bachelor of Arts cum laude.
* Villanova Law School, Juris Doctor cum laude, 1984.
* Institute for Dispute Resolution, Seton Hall, University,
certificate of completion, 1995.
* New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators (NJAPM), annual accreditation as a divorce mediator.
William Donahue mediates all kinds of divorces, but his caring and sensitive approach is particularly suited to high conflict cases. If necessary, he can also work in collaboration with a team of professionals including himself, the couple’s two attorneys and a therapist to work with the family.
Free half hour consultation. Subsequent hour-long sessions cost $300 per couple. A typical mediated divorce takes between six and ten sessions to complete.
William Donahue has written a consumer-friendly book entitled "Reconcilable Differences" to explain the divorce mediation process. You can order it at his website or at Amazon.com.
Donahue is also:
* Former vice president of NJAPM and long-time board member,
chairing NJAPM's Peer Consultation and Youth committees.
* Former president of the NJAPM Foundation, which was dedicated to
funding peacebuilding programs in schools throughout the state.
* Former Chair of the New Jersey Youth Peace Building Coalition.
* Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law and
Alternative Dispute Resolution sections.
* Member, Philadelphia Bar Association, Family Law and Alternative
Dispute Resolution sections
* Member, Association for Conflict Resolution, Greater Delaware
Member, Pennsylvania Council of Mediators.
Areas of Practice
- Adult Family
- Divorce (all issues)
- Divorce (parenting)
- Marital Mediation
- Online Family/Divorce
- Online Mediation
- Advanced Mediation Trainer
- Communication Skills Trainer
- Systems Designer
- Estate Planner
- Mediation Consultant
- Mediation Trainer
- Representational Lawyer
- Conflict Coach
- Mediating Lawyer
- Collaborative Professional
- Online Mediator