Click here to email
BMC Associates LLC
Click for Full Website
3000 Spout Run Parkway
Arlington, VA 22201
Fax: (301) 718-0629
Description of Practice
DR. DAVID GAGE is a Principal and Co-Founder of BMC Associates. BMC Associates helps business partners, owners of family businesses, and principals of other organizations deal with conflict and build collaboration. BMC’s interdisciplinary and non-adversarial approach helps strengthen working teams’ overall business and interpersonal performance.
Dr. David Gage is a leader in the field of business mediation and the founder of BMC Associates. Dr. Gage has 25 years experience as a clinical psychologist and over 20 years experience as a mediator. He has spoken to bar associations and business and professional organizations locally and nationally, has been interviewed on radio and TV, written for the Washington Business Journal, Executive Excellence, Family Business, and was featured in the New York Times, Fortune, Nation’s Business, and The Washington Post. Dr. Gage’s book on effective partnerships, The Partnership Charter: How To Start Out Right With Your New Business Partnership (Or Fix The One You're In), was published in July of 2004.
Dr.Gage's partner and Co-founder and Principal of BMC is DR. EDWARD KOPF. Ed has mediated disputes among co-owners, families with business, boards of directors and others for the last 20 years. He is the co-author with Dr. Gage of the Partnership Charter Workbook -- used in a facilitated and practical process for developing superior partnership relationships and agreements. Ed also has over twenty-five years experience in leadership positions in finance, operations, marketing, and strategic planning. In addition, he has consulted extensively with owners, executives, and boards of large and small corporations on a wide variety of management and financial issues.
Dr. Gage holds the following academic degrees.
1983 Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Catholic University of America, Washington, D.C.
1975 B.A. with Distinction, Major in Psychology, University of Wisconsin-Madison
1969-71 United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, Maryland
BMC's services include:
- Mediation, a process that resolves conflicts through facilitated negotiations.
- The Partnership Charter, an innovative, preventative tool for partners and partners-to-be who want a structured approach to negotiating the many issues that tend to cause difficulties and conflicts among partners.
- Business Succession Plans, an integrated approach to transferring family business leadership and ownership.
- Collaborative Estate Planning, a way for families to address the many sensitive issues involved in transferring assets such as vacation properties from one generation to the next.
- Other Services that meet the planning and organizational development needs of clients are offered in conjunction with the services described above. These include:
- Family Councils and Meetings
- Executive Coaching and Team Building
BMC Associates' twenty year history of success has been rooted, above all, in our people and our values. Our experience and commitment enable us to provide outstanding services to business partners, family businesses, and others.
- Our Team. BMC's team of experienced, professional associates is our greatest asset. We are mediators, family business consultants, business psychologists, management consultants, and business coaches. We invite you to learn more about us... Read More
- Our Values. Integrity is at the heart of our practice. In mediation, coaching, and all of our other services, we must earn and keep the trust of our clients. Staying true to our fundamental values helps us steer a course that justifies that trust...Read More
- Our History. We here at BMC are proud of the unique resource we have created for business partners and family businesses. The story of our first twenty years reflects what has made us special and why we have such great satisfaction in the work we do...Read More
The final measure of what we've accomplished comes from our clients and colleagues. Read Testimonials
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Conflict Coach
- Collaborative Professional