Donald R. Smith, PhD.
Click here to email
1047 Rudolph Ct.
Spring Hill, FL 34609
Description of Practice
Dr. Smith has mediated and arbitrated disputes in the Bahamas, Norway and United States. He has mediated and arbitrated mainly in the Southeastern US for the past seven years. He has been recognized as an outstanding mediator by the Fifth Judicial and Sixth Judicial Circuits of Florida from 2006 thru 2015. Don critique’s at the University of South Florida Department of Alternative Dispute Resolution and has been selected by the Florida Office of State Court Administrator to assist in training and critiquing.
President, Mediation, Arbitration, Business Consulting Company.
- Certified by the Supreme Court of Florida as Mediator - appellate, circuit/civil,dependency,family,foreclosure.
- Certified Senior Advanced Mediator, construction, environmental, healthcare and workplace.
- Certified and registered as an Advanced Arbitrator.
- Registered and listed on the F.I.N.R.A. roaster of Arbitrators and Mediators.
- Neighborworks Foreclosure and Homeownership Counseling Certified. Florida Supreme Court Certified Home Foreclosure Mediator/Counselor.
- C.D.R.S. certified construction Mediator / Arbitrator
- WindStorm certified insurance Umpire/Mediator
- Certified Business Coach, International Coaching Federation
- Center for Guardianship Certification, Certified National Guardian.
- Harvard Program on Negotiation Certified.
Florida Agriculture Mediation/Arbitration Service, Workplace Mediation/Arbitration Association, Florida Academy of Professional Mediators, Florida Medical Quality Assurance Association, Collins Center for Public Action, Construction Dispute Resolution Service
M.B.A Degree LaSalle University, Philadelphia, PA Business Management
B.B.A. Degree Kent State University, Kent Ohio Business Management
|03/2001||University of South Florida||Family Mediation 40 hours|
|11/2001||University of South Florida||Dependency Mediation 40 hours|
|05/2002||Nova University||Circuit/Civil Mediation 40 hours|
|2003||Nova University||Healthcare Mediation 20 hours|
|09/2004||University of South Florida||Circuit/Civil Mediation 40 hours|
$1,200.00 per day / plus any direct expenses
- Florida Supreme Court certified Mediator appellate, county, circuit/civil, dependency, family.
- Qualified parenting coordinator for divorced families encountering difficulties.
- Qualified residential home and commercial building foreclosure mediatior.
- Certified mediator/arbitrator, construction, environmental, healthcare and workplace disputes.
- Certified advanced Senior Arbitrator
- Certified F.I.N.R.A arbitrator/mediator.
- Florida Agricultural Agency arbitrator/mediator.
- Federal certified Mediator/Arbitrator.
- Member of Florida Professional Mediators/Arbitrators.
- Certified Guardian by National Guardian Association.
- HUD certified Foreclosure/Homeownership Counselor.
- WindStorm certified Umpire/Mediator
- C.D.R.S. certified construction Mediator/Arbitrator
- Collins Center for Public Policy, Center for Resolution
- PhD in Business Administration
- He is HUD certified foreclosure and homeownership counseling
- Certified Guardian by National Guardian Council
- F.I.N.R.A. certified arbitrator and mediator
- Certified Senior Business Coach by International Coaching Federation
Areas of Practice
- Adult Family
- Civil (general)
- Cross Cultural
- Divorce (all issues)
- Divorce (parenting)
- Estate Planning
- Health Care
- Labor - Management
- Marital Mediation
- Medical Malpractice
- Native American
- Online Mediation
- Personal Injury
- Postal Service
- Professional Fees
- Public Policy
- Real Estate
- Special Education
- Workers Comp
- Mediation Consultant
- Collaborative Professional
- Online Mediator
- Online Arbitrator
- Parenting Coordinator
- Advanced Mediation Trainer
- Custody Evaluator
- Communication Skills Trainer
- Mediation Trainer
- Conflict Coach